The Cost-Effective Way To Replace Missing Teeth
Delicate Dental in Las Vegas
You don’t have to live your life with a gappy smile. Dental implants can offer you the chance to live as before. No one will know you ever suffered from missing teeth. Dental implants are a permanent option for tooth loss that replaces the whole tooth, from root to crown.
Imagine chewing and speaking as before. All the negative emotions that come with missing teeth can drift away. Implants can transform the feel and function of your smile and overall health. A dental implant looks completely natural and keeps your facial contours intact by preventing the bone deterioration that occurs when teeth are missing.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are tiny titanium rods inserted into the gum sockets left by missing teeth. The rods are artificial roots and provide a solid base for artificial replacement teeth.
Implant surgery is by far the best long-term solution for missing teeth. They have an incredibly high success rate and are the new standard in tooth replacement because they fit and function like natural teeth.
Three parts make up a dental implant.
- Implant: a titanium screw surgically inserted into the jaw bone where the original tooth used to be
- Abutment: a small piece that connects the implant and the crown and ensures an excellent fit
- Crown: artificial teeth that match the rest of your teeth and are attached to the implant
A small incision is made into the gums for the new tooth root to be placed into the jawbone. Then the gum tissue is closed over the implant, and the patient is sent home to heal.
During this portion, the jaw bone begins to integrate with the titanium post in a process called osseointegration. The bone grows securely around the post, making it part of you and a durable base for your new teeth. Osseointegration takes anywhere from two to six months. Some patients ask for a temporary crown to be attached until the process is complete.
Once osseointegration is finished, an abutment is attached to the implant post. The new crown is then fitted to the other end of the abutment.
Once secured, your brand new teeth should instantly feel comfortable and look natural. The restoration process can replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or a complete upper and lower new teeth set. Read more here.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
The most apparent benefit is greater enjoyment of life. Those missing teeth sacrifice their confidence and the ability to smile and laugh without covering their mouth in shame. But benefits go beyond this:
- Improved appearance: With tooth loss, there is also bone loss of your facial structure. Without this support, your face often changes shape, making you appear older or gaunt.
- Easier speaking: Removable dentures slip and slide in the mouth and impact speaking ability, causing embarrassing slurring and mumbling.
- Easier eating: Implants are secured into your jaw and allow you to bite with the same force as natural teeth. You can start to enjoy all the foods you love again.
- Easy care & convenience: Implants don’t require glues, cleaning tablets, or weird flossers. Just brush as usual!
- Improved oral health: Dental implants aren’t natural teeth and are incapable of getting cavities. They don’t require attachment to neighboring teeth like dental bridges, improving oral health all around.
- Bone loss prevention: When teeth are missing, bone loss occurs in the jaw. Bones need constant stimulation from teeth. Dental Implants provide this stimulation.
- Durability: Other options in tooth replacement need repairs from time to time or replaced periodically. If properly cared for, implants can last a lifetime.
Read more about the benefits of dental implants by following this link.
Where Can I get Dental Implants?
The team at Delicate Dental in Las Vegas, wants to help you with your dental needs. There are many factors your dentist must consider when determining whether or not you are a good candidate for dental implant treatment. We would love to evaluate your oral hygiene and gum tissue and answer any questions about the implant dentistry process.
Come To Us With Your Dental Implant Questions
Dental implants in Las Vegas can be part of a smile makeover treatment plan and are very cost-effective. Placing a dental implant is pretty straightforward and a standard dental treatment here at Delicate Dental.
If you are interested in a consultation about dental implants, please call our office at (702) 570-3320 or email us. We look forward to meeting you and helping you with your oral health goals.